Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!

Do you know what you were doing on January 10Th 4 years ago?? Probably not. If you were getting married, celebrating an anniversary, or having a milestone birthday party you might remember. I remember what I was doing that whole week 4 years ago, but mostly I remember the morning of January 10Th as Gotcha day. Gotcha day is the day Angie, Gracie, and myself became a forever family. Gotcha day is the day parents give birth from the heart instead of the womb. Gotcha day is the day parents hold their new child for the first time and say, "Thank you Jesus," as they know they finally gotcha. Gotcha day is the end of a trail, the end of a trial, and the beginning of the fulfillment of a dream. Gotcha day is the day that provides a new definition for ," .............and I will fulfill the desires of your heart.................." Gotcha day is the stitches that put back together a previously broken heart. Gotcha day is the beginning of a new family, a new chapter in life. Gotcha day is the day one journey ends and another begins.

I wanted to share with you some pictures from that week 4 years ago.

This one is of me making new friends in front of the entrance to the Forbidden City. These two lovely ladies wanted their pictures taken with the large bald man from America. Notice the peace symbols they are making. Yes my dear ladies, Peace be with you.


This is the lobby of the Dolton Hotel, this is where we gathered before making the trip to the government office to meet Grace, and bring her home.

This is the room Gotcha happened in.


This is the first time I held my daughter in the flesh. Doesn't she look happy.



Me and Angie on the Wall.




Angie and I in the Forbidden City.





This picture just makes me want to watch Mulan one more time. Nothing says China to me quit like this picture.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great day that will always be for you, Angie and Grace although from the picture of you and her she didn't look to sure! ;)