Saturday, April 18, 2009

It has begun..........

A comment was made on my post.........Levy time again................

The first SLOTH ( I assume) has made an appearance.

Anonymous said...
Impressive. I would be even more impressed if you could actually spell. Are you perhaps a graduate of the local school system?
April 18, 2009 9:43 AM

Dear MR. or MRS. SLOTH...............

  1. Welcome to free speech, ain't it grand!!
  2. I know I cant spell, I also have hideous grammar, terrible punctuation, inconsistent use of tense as well as miss matching my plurals and singulars. I use phrases like " I is going" instead of "I am going" just to drive people nuts, or to make a particular point.
  3. If you read the last sentence I tell you that my hideous grammar is the result of an underfunded school system in decline. I did not go to Little Miami, I went to Reading.
  4. I use humor and satire to drive home the absurdity of the situation. If you missed the humor, or the satire, I cant help you. The true, simple, and valid point is that for a couple of hundred dollars a year (which most people can then use as a deduction on their federal taxes and get a percentage of it back.) you can protect your own property values, protect your own neighborhoods, and help in producing smarter more self reliant kids to take over for us when we get older.
  5. Speaking of free speech, I enjoy your commentary, please feel free to come back and leave more. I have no doubt your smarter than me and probably better looking than me too, but I do think I would enjoy the challenge of debating this issue with you.
  6. Love ya brother, that I mean seriously.................

As a historical side note, Reading Community Schools has had many ups and downs over the years. It was well funded during my early elementary years, but around 3rd grade the levy failed, over and over, and things got cut. Around 6th grade the school system was downsized dramatically by annexing part of the city away to Cincinnati, this helped the funding for a while, but the Levy failed again in 8th grade. My high school was funded pretty well, but too much damage was already done. The funding came and went over the years and now its a struggling system once again. I remember losing some teachers and my class size doubling in 8th grade, that doesn't help kids to learn. I jokingly blame bad schools for my English issues, but the truth is this, In 3rd and 4th grades I didn't have an English class, or books, or reading because of funding, but in reality I could have made up for that over the next many years of school, truth is I was more of a science and math guy, hated English, loved mechanical things. I cant rest all the blame on the school.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I appreciate your post on the levy and feel that you were accurate in your statements.