Saturday, April 24, 2010

What are you looking forward to ?

Feeling a little melancholy and reminiscent today. Had dinner last night with a friend from high school. It was good to get to know each other all over again. It did, however, kick start my brain into thinking about things. So, I pose this question, what are you looking forward to in life..... I will list a few of mine in no particular order.....


  1. Gracie's graduation from college,, or seminary. I cant wait to be sitting in the audience and hear, " Marilyn Grace Wilson....... Magna Cum Laude........ " and watch her walk across the stage. That is one thing I am looking forward to.
  2. I am also looking forward to holding my wife's hand and wiping away her tears at Gracie's high school graduation.
  3. I am looking forward to growing old in a small beach side condo on the edge of the Caribbean Sea with my wife living with me and my daughter collecting a lot of frequent flyer miles.
  4. Living long enough to hear the words, " I love you Grandpa " That's one thing I am looking forward to.
  5. Sitting with my wife at a big table and then getting called up to go dance with my daughter at the father daughter dance at Gracie's wedding. I hope I can still walk, but if I cant walk then I will just have to learn to fly because I will be dancing with my daughter on that day.
  6. Standing with my wife OUTSIDE the delivery room as WE wait on the birth of our first grandchild. This is one day at the hospital that I am looking forward to. I know both Angie and I will tell Gracie, " I hope you get a child, JUST LIKE YOU "
  7. Growing old with my true love, that is one thing I am looking forward to. We can share cholesterol medicine, we can share that seat thing in the shower, as long as we don't have to share dentures, I am looking forward to growing old together.
  8. One day a nice boy will sit me down and tell me how much he loves my daughter. He will be a good boy with a job and a strong moral compass. We will talk about my daughter and what he needs to do to remain among the living. I will tell him about Jimmy Hoffa and how they still haven't found his body. This is something I am looking forward to.
  9. One day I will be sitting in the sun and thinking back on my life, and I will be happy. The sun will feel warm on my face and the beauty all around me will permeate deeply into my spirit. I will fall asleep right here and be awoken a short time later by the words, " well done My good and faithful servant" This is something that I am looking forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this one, Chris..............