Wednesday, June 11, 2008

snort

Short post about the comments of Gracie last night.

Gracie watched Mulan one and two the other night with Paula and Christina and was in the mood to discuss the movie with me last night. We went to Putters for dinner and knock back a couple cold ones (root beer) and since it was just the two of us Gracie was chattering. She was questioning the 'matchmaker' person in Mulan. She wanted to know what Mulan had to take a bath before seeing the 'matchmaker' and why the 'matchmaker' was so mean. I usually answer these questions with 'I dunno' over and over again until or unless I have some creative flash. Well, without me having any creative input, Gracie pops up with her own explanation.

" I was thinking (no really, that's the way she said it) 'matchmaker' says things and sounds like a boy, I think she is really a boy"

snort number one.

Later in the evening Gracie flags down our waitress by yelling,

"Ms. Jack - o - lynn, can I have cookies please"

Once cookies are brought and Gracie reminds her how to say thank you in Chinese, she dives into her Oreo's.

She then plays around with examining them for the best way to remove the cream from the inside of the cookie. She settles on the classic twist after about 5 minutes of study. Upon success of separation she holds one half in each hand and happily exclaims.

"Now, that's entertainment"

Snort number two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a polite young lady! Mulan rocks...love that movie. And Oreo cookies...Gracie's got excellent taste, and she's very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I love your daughter....I've never actually met her...but I LOVE her!

~Lois

Anonymous said...

I love the Gracie-isms! Thank you for sharing them!