Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Request granted.

First, to avoid a mistake like the previous one, I will warn you that what you are about to read contains a large amount of sarcasm, Satire, and parody. At the request of a friend who said, "Maybe you're getting soft in your old age, and you're moving to the dark side. What happened to the "Wake Up America(pronounced Um-merr-icka)!" side of you?" I will now indulge in a spoof of Gary Burbanks character Earl Pitts Uhmerikun.



Ya know what makes me sick? Ya know what makes me wanna stick my tongue in a 220 outlet while playing my banjo? Ya know what makes me wanna take a whiz on an electric fence? Male Olympic athletes thats what. Is it just me, tell me the truth, but did anybody else notice just how many of the guys in these Olympics are a little light in their loafers? It just seems to me that more of them than not where just a bit,well, girly. Very few of them were acting like real men. It was just discustin'. These swimmers on the relay teams would get out of the pool and hug on each other. Real men dont hug, and these guys were half naked groping on each other, its just not fit to be on TV. Its bad enough they show them Frenchies kissin each other on the ear, but men is speedos pressin flesh on each other just frosts my skittles. Men are not supposed to do that. Then you have that 14 year old British diver who's voice hadnt changed yet who needed to breast feed after each dive to keep his strength up. Where were the real men in these Olympics? Then you have 'dem pinko losers who sit and cry after the competition. You lost, just cuss a bit and try again later, but act like your a man, men dont sit and cry. Its okay to get a bit misty eyed while your standing on the podium and facing Ol' Glory and the anthem is ringin in your ears, but thats the only time, otherwise men are not allowed to cry. What happened to the good ol' days when the East German Women swimmers were really men carefully shaved and tucked? Now we got a bunch of snifflin pansies huggin and kissin on each other, its just not right. Men are supposed to be, well, men. You know, hairy, burly and masculine, not all huggy and lovey and touchin each other. It sets a bad example for the kiddies. You think I am wrong? Next time you see a truck driver do a nice job backing his 53 foot rig between two telephone poles walk up to him, tell him he did a nice job, smack him on his butt and give him a big ol hug to see what happens. Just dont send me the hospital bill.

Wake up Um-merr-ika!!!!!!!! It fare time we men stand up and act like men and quite sendin these girly men to the Olympics. I think me and Dub is gonna start training for that beach volleyball in the next Olympics. Look out London, here we come. If nothing else we might get to hang out with Misty Mae a little, she really motivates my skittles, you know what I mean? Just kiddin Pearl.

Ah'm (not really) Earl Pitts, Uhmerikun. Pitts off!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, he must have missed the women's beach volleyball finals...

In the rain...

That was the most heterosexual moment of the whole Olympics.

If the Chinese actually PLANNED that to happen... Well they get the "Greatest Olympics Of All Time" award.

Derek said...

Chris, thank you for having the guts to say what you've had to say in your blog, in this post and others, regarding the Olympics. It's nice to know that there are at least others who are willing to speak up from a different perspective rather than jump on the popular anti-China bandwagon.

Sure, there are lots of things to fix within China, but I find it quite telling that for as long as those issues have existed, it's only been within the past year or so, and heating up these past couple of weeks, that you've actually seen the myriad blogposts and comments coming up about it.

I can only hope that what has been in the past a very Ameri-centric perspective on YMX has been countered by others who can actually see a world beyond the US. I know that in the past, it infuriated me how downright ignorant and uninformed people could be.

Gracesdad said...

What I have difficulty getting across to people is that I once had my own stereotypes and assumptions based on our culture before going to visit, I was actually afraid of going to the Square and worried about being out on the streets alone, but those fears and every stereotype were shattered in just a little over a day. By day three I was more comfortable walking the streets alone at night than I would have been in Cincinnati. I cant say as I understand everything, but I can say that everything I understood turned out to be false.