Sunday, November 23, 2008

10 things

Ten things I learned or was reminded of recently:

  1. A 37 pound 5 year old has the ability to exceed 50 tons of pressure on her little baby toe when said toe is applied directly to the left family jewel.
  2. An obsessive compulsive child will not only pick the "thingy" off her toe after being told not to pick her nails, she will pick at the loose "thingy" until the entire nail has been peeled off the nail bed. No this is not one of my usual exaggerations, Gracie picked her toenail all the way back to the quick and then asked for help because she ran out of nail but the loose "thingy" was still attached. Angie dutifully took care of this like a skilled combat surgeon a la MASH 4077, I was curled up in a corner squealing like a girl. I have no doubt however that this is the exact same toe that she then used to try and puncture my egg bag.
  3. One has better driving habits when one has their eyes open.
  4. When one is twenty it is nice to be able to touch your toes. When one is forty it is nice to just be able to see your toes. I have finally made it back below 220 pounds. I think the 9 extra trips up and down the stairs each night for laundry has been enough to tip me past the dead spot.
  5. The best medicine for any ailment is the sound of the utterly uncontrollable laughter and giggling of a small child. Unless the giggles are caused by them bouncing up and down on your belly right after dinner while yelling "are you going to blow?"
  6. Little girls can be taught to catch a football and run like Barry Sanders, they cannot be taught to watch football quietly or how to toss a spiral until they are much much older.
  7. Jim Tressel owns Michigan, period.
  8. Joe Pa defines what class is.
  9. The crock pot is my friend, tonight's entree was seasoned pork roast cooked in pork gravy, cheddar mashed potato's and green beans cooked with vidalia onions, itty bitty tiny tatters and a host of seasonings, yumm-o.
  10. Laundry and dishes are never ending self defeating propositions. The laundry is never done because you are most likely wearing clothes that at the end of the day will start the cycle all over. The same holds true with dishes, unless you stop eating you will always have dishes either dirty or in the dish washer. ( I don't think eating naked off paper plates is ever going to be an option, but it is one I would have to consider if I lived alone.)

As an aside, I got an email today from St. Louis and the Chinese New Year celebration is on. I am so very looking forward to it. We will get to meet Max for the first time and see several of the Hunan 'Sisters' for the first time in a couple of years. I just cant wait.

No comments: