Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Politics


Okay, time to share my views. Time to save the world. Below you will find my political opinions, uncensored. As always I welcome any comments but I do ask that you keep them clean. I do not wish to offend but odds are I will. I am going to state my opinions about many different political topics and even make some suggestions on how it should be. We can call this the world according to me.


First off, as I sit her playing "play doh" with my adopted daughter, the thing most on top of my mind is abortion. So if you don't want to hear this then stick you fingers in your eyes and say la la la la la la la so you cant hear me. There are no circumstances in which abortion is acceptable. None. Plain and simple, none. For the ladies, yes its your body, but abortion is not a choice. You made a choice that caused the pregnancy, that was the choice, abortion is not an acceptable option. But, but , but what about rape, incest, life of the mother at stake. These rarer occurrences may be unfortunate, but not the problem of the life that has been created. Life is life, it begins at fertilization, end of story. I believe Rowe v Wade is a farce and should be overturned. I do not hold for a minute that it will ever happen, but it should. I also would like to point out that I am not a hater, I bear no malice towards those who differ with my opinion, I know the Lord will forgive those who ask Him and who I am to be angry with those whom He is not angry with. This is my opinion.


Next, Iraq. Did we need to go. Yes. Did we do something necessary, Yes. Are we done, Yes. We should have been done by now, but it is time to leave. They have a government, they have resources, its time for us to go. I believe we should begin a phased pull out of our troops with a phased input of Nato or UN troops in the Baghdad area. We should leave and only stay as long as it takes to teach the peace keepers in blue helmets to take over Baghdad security. We should then take about 40% of those troops right over into Afghanistan. We should station most of them on the Pakistan border to work on the Taliban and look for Osama. The rest can set up a series of training camps along the Iran border. Just a little something so they know we are keeping our eyes on them.


Next, Heath care. Its broken and getting more broken. We have the most talented people, the greatest technology and most applicable resources, but the system is broken. What is broken is the system of money interchange. Who pays for what and what does it cost. I hate to say this but this is one of only a handful of industries that needs regulated and the first regulation lands with the insurance companies. Plain and simple supply and demand economic theory. Insurance companies receive this mandate. Heath insurance companies may only sell three polices, good, better, best. The price for the policies are x,y,z. Companies cannot deny anyone the good policy. Prices are not attached to age, pre existing condition, or anything else. This will force the insurance companies to compete on a national level to insure as many people as possible because their only hope for profit at that point is in large quantities of people. The government plays no part in paying for anything and the price of the good policy would be set low enough that almost anyone can afford it. Does this net in everyone like a socialized medicine program, no it doesn't, but it doesn't come with the baggage of government run health care. Now, for the doctors, nurses, and hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies. Lets hit big Pharm first. Under no circumstances can you publicly advertise your product if a prescription is required. Your doctor decides what medicine is applicable to your aliment, not the advertising industry or the pharmaceutical companies. Second, alter the patent laws so they don't need to price gouge for the first few years before others are allowed to make the product. They way the system works now, the new drugs are protected for a few years to allow the company to recoup their research investment before competition is allowed. Alter this practice by allowing other companies to buy in as opposed to waiting for the protection to expire. Allow the inventor of the drug to keep the protection until competitors buy in and let the researchers recoup their fund like this instead. If a drug is deemed life saving or significantly life altering, then require the pharm company to donate some percentage of the drug to hospitals for use. A lot of them do this anyway, but it should be a requirement. Next, medical staff. There needs to be some controls on the price of malpractice insurance, as well as a cap on the rewards. $5 million bucks isnt going to bring Aunt Bunny back because the doctor was a dork. The dork in question should have to pay for expenses incurred due to his dorkiness and no more, but then he should be banned from practice if it was truly negligent. This will lower the cost of things, drugs, doctors, hospitals,etc.


Next we have the welfare system. I believe in extensive unemployment pay. I dont believe in welfare. I think the FMLA should apply to all people who had a job and unemployment should kick in after the 12 weeks leave, even if you can go back to the job eventually. I don't believe in the welfare system. Feeding the poor and taking care of the unfortunate is the job of the church and other private organizations, not the government.


Next we have immigration. The system is broken, pitch the whole stinkin thing out the door. If you commit a crime and your here illegally you should be airdropped over the capital city of your homeland by military plane. Parachute provided of course. Okay, that's a bit sarcastic, but you go and go now. If you have not committed a crime then we have a more difficult story. Let me take this one step at a time. First, build the wall. Build a militarized zone complete with a dead zone. Next, ask all people who are here illegally, or here legally on visa, or are here in the system trying to acquire citizenship to report to there nearest federal building. Have one big swearing in party and give them amnesty, a social security number, and start the taxation processes immediately. Lastly, fire everyone who worked for immigration and start the whole thing over with a more streamlined and efficient system that might work well enough to prevent this ever happening again. I hate to give the lawbreakers amnesty, but it will end the problem as long as you have already severed the flow of more.


We must have an energy policy. We must get over our foreign oil dependence. Drill in Anwar or anyplace else we need to. Incentivize the hybrid, hydrogen, and biofuel industries. Force big oil to co-operate, but bio fuels in their stations, put hydrogen stations along the highways. Prop up the industries that are trying to emerge long enough for them to get a foot hold. Help the solar power companies and wind power producers make their products viable. Build new nuclear reactors for energy. Explain to the green folks, not in my back yard folks, and others that we will have less pollution, longer global lifespans, and more cash if we get away from a petroleum based economy. We can turn the corner in less than a decade if we focus all of our resources to this end.


A few random thoughts. Increases in military spending are not always bad. Supply side economics is not voodoo. Lawyers should not be allowed to become elected officials and politics should not be a career. Campaigns should not cost money, advertising, airtime, and all other needed things to run a campaign should be donated by the corporations equally to all parties. Real people should run Washington and serving your country is a privilege, not a job. I want to see more CEO's in Washington and less lawyers. The president, and senate and house should all have degrees from state schools and tech schools, not Harvard Law.




Well, now I will just sit back and watch the sitemeter to see how many hits I get from Washington.




4 comments:

Angie said...

Have I told you lately that I love you? I'd vote for you right now! And I have to say...I love Earl Pitts...American. Pitts off!

Anonymous said...

Chris you ignorant s#$$#t... (old SNL reference for those that remember "Point Counter-Point")

You did forget one thing...

American needs to get back to free cheese give-aways... That was when this country was great.

Oh, and I have I told you lately that I love you too?

But not as much as free cheese!!! Free cheese rocks.

Dreaming again said...

my insomnia is preventing me from being clever ... I'm going to comment later.

Todd Porter said...

Chris, I agree with your points, but I think that Ron Paul fits it best. I say that because he is pretty much the only one saying we need to pull out of Iraq. So far that means he is getting my primary vote.