Sunday, February 17, 2008

Betty Tudor

I had hoped to be posting about our Mexican vacation right about now, but I feel that I need to post something else right now instead. For those of you awaiting the vacation post I will be getting to that shortly after arriving home, including pictures, but right now I need to post about some news we received while here on vacation.

My wife Angie received a phone call last night about her grandmother, Betty Tudor. Sometime around midnight Granny Tudor passed into the arms of her Lord. Granny Tudor was one of the first people in the Tudor family who seemed to accept me when I was first making my way into her family. This created a special place in my heart for her because she was so accepting and welcoming to me. As I slowly got to know her a little better I began to see this acceptance she offered as her normal mode of operation. At this point in my life I look at her and I see a Paul like personality. She was accepting of whatever life brought her way because she was aware that she was in Gods' will and was more than happy to let life be left in His hands. She was happy with life when she was young and free and she was happy with life when she was old and in prison (which is what a nursing home becomes at some point because your freedom of movement is taken away) She might complain a little upon occasion but she would always quickly say, but that just the way it is sometimes. In these ways Granny Tudor reminds me of what Paul tells us , be happy and praise Him, where ever you are. She took this point seriously and to me at least it was her life long witness.
With that said I would like to end this post in prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father
On this night we thank You for bringing one of Your children home to be with Your Son. We thank You for we know that she will soon fall into the redemptive and forgiving arms of her Lord Jesus. We thank You for sharing her with us for this little while she had on this earth and the many gifts she brought us through her love of You. In the days to come we know she will be seated at Your right hand with the rest of Your children. May Your will be to let her rest under the shade of the tree of life until her family joins her by Your side. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

kybluegal0828 said...

Chris-that was beautiful. Our granny was a wonderful person...and she loved you dearly!