Thursday, February 7, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Happy Chinese New Year. It is the year of the Rat this year. Gracie is a goat and I am a monkey and Angie is a snake I think. I am a little bummed tonight. The reason is two fold. We were headed to Fusion tonight to celebrate dinner at our favorite buffet but there was a sign out front that says its being remolded and re-opens next month. Why close for the New Year? Ugg. Next, we were supposed to go to St. Louis to visit with the other Hunan sisters like we always do this time of year. This isnt happening either due to scheduling conflict with our hosts. I miss the girls and wanted to see them so very much. Some of them we havent seen since China. We get Christmas cards from most of them that I carefully file in a safety deposit box for when Grace grows up. I miss playing with them. The Hunan sisters are the girls from the other nine families that traveled with us and adopted from Hunan. We made our entire journey of love together. Most of their names have the word Yi in them like Gracie was Yi Meng Chang ( e - mung- chung) I cant recall if they all had that in their name or not. One or two of them didnt come from the Yi Yang orphanage so maybe not. You can read more about the New Year celebrations at this website.

http://www.educ.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/438/CHINA/chinese_new_year.html

Thanks to Pastor Charlie for the spelling of Gong Xi Fa Cai.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ugh!! I hate that the fake smiles have started. She's so much prettier than that picture shows. I miss the other girls and their families too. Can't wait til the CHI Reunion in July!

Anonymous said...

I love her impish grin. So cute. I also like the purple of your blog, Chris, very metrosexual of you. :)