Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ack, Eeeeeeeww, nasty............


Burger King’s new Flame body spray offers an eau de meat for men
Here's the Burger King mascot as you've never seen him. The company's Web site describes the product as a "scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat."


The way to a man's heart may be through his stomach, but the way to a woman's heart — according to Burger King — may be through a new meat-scented body spray.
Now I know this is a publicity stunt and American business is notorious for coming up with the ridiculous in order to sell. Advertisers are not even in new territory when trying to combine ridiculousness and sex to sell their wares, but there is a line someplace and this just crossed it. It does more than that even, is it just me or this nauseatingly creepy. They could scar an entire generation with this thing. I mean really, a hint of meat?
Will my mate be more attracted to me if I smell like a cooked up dead cow? I doubt it. I think I might have an issue with confused flies and maggots maybe, smells like dead cow looks like the Frisch's Big Boy only bald, poor flies wont know what to think.
Will single guys attract that oh so special somebody by emitting the aroma of fast food?
What next, an entire line of meat product perfume?
The whopper with onion maybe?
How about eau de swine sweat?
Or par fume de giblet (pronounce gibe- lay of course)
And the concept of the meat scent is bad enough, but they couldn't stop there could they? They had to go one step farther. Check out the actual commercial that is online about this product. (firemeetsdesire.com )
After the intro, click on the top of the spay bottle. Go ahead, I'll wait here for you to come back. Oh, take a brown bag to the site with you, you'll need it.
Okay, now that your back, if you clicked on the sprayer enough times you find the scene that the above screen shot is clipped from. Mr. King, nearly naked, patting the edge of the bed inviting us to join him. Crrrreeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I don't get advertising, but making stomach's churn does not seem to be the best way to push your food product. Maybe there is a whole demographic out there that finds burger scented men sexy, what do I know?
I think I am having a salad for supper is what I think.
One last parting shot. If food scents like meat fragrance are sexy, then when my farts smell like cabbage and boiled eggs am I bordering on irresistible?
No?

No comments: