Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Church Crisis update

I went to a meeting last night about re-financing the note that has been called on the church. The meeting was run mostly by a man in banking whose was surprised to learn that the Sheriff's auction is only a few weeks away on Jan. 5Th. I say this man is in banking because my impression of him is that he is not a banker. This is what he does, not who he is. My impression is that he is a mighty warrior who has chosen to join us in this battle. He has been a guarantor in his own church when they were expanding and in tough times. He knows what is taking place and is willing to do what he can to help us win this battle, but time is growing short.

I formally drew my sword last night. My wife (jokingly) accused me of being a Pharisee and praying too loudly, but I prefer to look at it as being Peter. If I step out of the boat and don't sink to the bottom of the pond, maybe others will follow me.

As the battle rages on our side has taken some casualties. Some members have retreated from the battle after receiving too many wounds. I for one pray for their healing and hope they rejoin the flock once the battle is won.

Although the battle is not going well at the moment, and the darkness seems to be encroaching more and more, I received word yesterday that re-enforcements may be on the way. An older couple that we know are looking for someplace to attend church and have asked to join us one Sunday. I sense God at work in this. This couple are both fine children of God and their presence will be much welcomed at Crosspointe.

Praise Him in all things.
Amen.

No comments: