Friday, October 30, 2009

Annual annoying post.

Tis the season to ann-oy me, fa la la la la........... la.........la..........la..........la.


Okay, long time readers feel free to skip this one, you've heard it before.

The rest of you, prepare for me to offend you, again.

I hate Halloween. Hate it Hate it Hate it.

I be hatin'

Why? Because I am an over the top conservative Christian, self proclaimed Jesus Freak, and worshiper of the one and only true and Living God? Well, call it what you wish, I don't like this holiday.

And I am gonna tell you why..........

" Oh its just sweet little kids having a good time, eating some candy, and playing dress up, what could be wrong with that "

Nothing, if that's all it was. That is not all it is no matter how much you want to paint it that way. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, that's not all it is, that's not what it was, and it keeps getting worse and worse every year.

Some people might say that it 'was' a pagan festival, but that's not what it is now. They would be wrong (in my opinion of course). There is no positive or alternative spin you can put on it, its a celebration of the occult. It is condoning witchcraft, sorcery, and divination. It is a Wicca holiday, a witches holiday, and a celebration of moving out of the light into the darkness. The purpose of the date is because that is the time at which we begin to have more darkness and less light in the calender day.

Some might say, but what about all hallows eve, the celebration of the Saints. Well, back in the day, the Roman Catholic church, in one of its more corrupt moments ( my opinion again) attempted to move a holiday from May to a place where it overlapped with this pagan holiday in an attempt to bring the pagans into the Catholic faith. The told the Druids ( or maybe the Celts, cant remember) that they could keep their holiday, but now it was a celebration of something different. The pagans said thank you, but kept practicing the old traditions. The attempt at conversion never fully took, the pagans were still pagans but the Roman Catholic church of the day profited from the expansion.

Some might say, well, just going trick or treating cant be that big a deal, right? Well, its roots are not exactly pristine either. The ancient priests of the pagan religions would go out among the people to collect needed items for their festival. They would approach the villagers and tell them that they needed to treat them or else they would be tricked. In this way they forced the population to provide for their sacrifices and ceremonies. The alter for these things would be decorated with the skulls of their enemies. These people believe in reincarnation. Dead souls would be punished by being returned to earth in the form of animal, cats were a favorite.

Are you starting to see where some of this 'harmless' stuff has its roots?

My kid came home from school today with a goody bag she got IN CLASS that contained candied human body parts. Is this acceptable, or is it just me? (don't answer that) They also had a Halloween party. There had better be a Christmas party that at least mentions the reason for the season. In fact, if some mom or dad thought it was appropriate to send ghosts, pumpkins, and sweet tarts shaped like arms and legs home, I hope they appreciate the goody bag I send in for Christmas with stickers that proclaim Christ as the Saviour home with them!! ( okay, maybe I better think that thru a little, but I am grumpy right now)

I just sucks (pardon my language) that I now have to find a way to tell Gracie she cant keep the ghostly sucker, witch covered pencil, and candied thigh bones.

One more thing, the Jack o Lantern. Look up who Jack was. Too evil to go to heaven, too powerful to go to hell. Its just a story, but its a story that still produces millions of representations all around America every year.

I know I am extreme. We celebrate Christ, not Santa. We celebrate Jesus, not some dopey bunny, and we don't celebrate the darkness that wants to attack us.

If your not a Christian because you don't believe and don't want to, then that's your decision and I pray that someday God reaches you. If you are a Christian and don't see anything wrong with doing Halloween, I don't judge you, its your choice, but I would ask that you look a little deeper into the Word and pray about the issue in Faith.

Well, I know I have annoyed you at this point, so I will stop now.........

Comments welcome and I will attempt to respond to each one.. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy ambien will generic ambien cr available - ambien side effects for the elderly