Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10 things

This is going to be a list of 10 fun things that I try to do everyday.

  1. Gracie, my Hunan hurricane, is Chinese and therefore has very Chinese eyes. When she laughs those eyes become so closed and narrow as to make it impossible for her to see while she is laughing. I try to make my daughter go blind for at least 5 minutes each and every day.
  2. I try to encourage at least one person each day. Sometimes its Angie and sometimes its Gracie. Sometimes its a waitress and sometimes its the lady, girl, women, at the check out counter at the grocery. Sometimes its a neighbor and sometimes its a friend from church. I usually (but not always) encourage females, so I sometimes get accused of flirting, but even then its called harmless flirting.
  3. Every day I try to go to bed tired. If I am not tired then I have not put forth enough effort for the day. I am almost always tired so I must be doing a good job at this one.
  4. (This one is a guy thing, so ladies please look away) Everyday I change my boxer shorts. I know, your thinking 'well I should hope so'. But, this is a list of fun things I do everyday so what is fun about changing your shorts? Well, I hate to pick stuff up off the floor, so I hang my foot in them and try to toss them up and catch them with one hand without letting them hit the floor. I am easily entertained I suppose. (if that visual didn't disturb you too much you can keep reading, ladies are welcome to come back now)
  5. Everyday I try and learn a new word or a new phrase. A good friend and Nissan car salesman extraordinaire taught me a new phrase just this weekend. " I just piss excellence" was the phrase. (tongue in cheek of course) I like that one. As an aside, my dog Bo "craps rainbows" (Verb chosen to keep blog youngster friendly, please feel free to use your own verb in situations filled with drunken sailors) Why would I mention this? Bo ate a bunch of crayons the other day and has been leaving little rainbows around the yard ( and in the living room upon occasion) I am glad crayons are non-toxic, but I wish they were a little more digestible.
  6. Everyday I try to ask Gracie about her day. This is usually a fun time for both of us, but sometimes its just downright confusing. I so wish I could crawl in her head and see things like she sees them, if only for a moment.
  7. Everyday I try to smile at a stranger. This is always fun. The reaction you get from being pleasant and nice to people always has its reward.
  8. Everyday I try to get at least a few minutes sleep on the way into work. Why is this fun? Because I am driving!!
  9. Everyday I spend a minute trying to choose the obnoxiously colored boxers that most fit my mood that morning. ( two mentions of boxer shorts and one mention of poop in a single post, this is going downhill fast, glad there is only one more to go.)
  10. Everyday I spend a few minutes just staring at my wife and daughter and thinking about how blessed I am and how lucky I am to have them both in my life.