Saturday, July 12, 2008

A big day.

As usual, God did not disappoint. Today turned out to be a huge day. Gracie was going full bore and was supercharged from 6AM this morning till about 10 minutes ago. We just got back to our room and she got 'jamm-E-d up' laid down in bed and was gone in 30 seconds flat. She had a blast at the reunion with all the kids and stuff they had for them, but the highlight was the time she got to spend with her 'sister' Grace Bean. Once they got past the initial warming up period, they took off and acted like they do this everyday.

The reunion was awesome as usual. They had a demonstration of dancing from several different cultures as well as Thai Chi (SP?) and Kung Fu. The girls they had doing these demonstrations were all young ladies of Oriental heritage in traditional dress for their event, it was awesome to watch. There were kids there from Columbia, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Russia, Guatemala, and of course China. They also had two teen aged boys doing a traditional dragon dance with a huge white Chinese dragon and a group of kids playing drums and cymbals for the dragon to dance to. I thought it was awesome, Gracie didnt much care for it.

After lunch and a good time at the reunion we were invited to go hang out with Grace Bean and her parents at their home. Gracie and Grace went 100 miles an hour for the next several hours. They were running and playing and squealing and sweating and panting for air. It was amazing to just breath in their excitement, acceptance, and love of one another. God provided a little of Himself in this day.

We continued our evening by going out to diner with them and the Graces (or G squared) had to sit with one another at dinner. Momma (AKA the manners Nazi) even let up a bit and let them go have fun tonight. They had such a time that they were hugging each other over and over again, no fighting, no bickering, no problems, no issues, nothing but love was available tonight. When it was done, they hugged more, and kissed a lot, Gracie hugged and kissed everybody, I even got hugs and kisses from Grace. G squared is something that must be seen to be believed. I have many pictures of G squared and the reunion to share with you and I will do so as soon as I get home and can get them off the camera. I even have permission from Grace's mom to share pics of her, so this will be the first Hunan 'sister' that gets to be shared with you.

I too am tired, I think I will go join boogs in bed and thank God for the fullness of the day.

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

If you happen to meet a lady named Lisa Keller (they go there too some years) Their daughter should be about 11 or 12 by now I think. I'm trying to avoid doing the math to avoid feeling old.

She wasn't even in school when I met her, and I don't want to know how long ago that was, my kids were both in elementary school ..since Samuel graduated high school I'm feeling a bit old.

Anyway, the Mamma's name is Lisa. I used to know the Daddy's and for the life of me, the daughters name, that I knew quite well has suddenly taken leave of my senses.

They are from here in Tulsa.
If you do meet Lisa ... tell her I said hi (and that she has my permission to acknowlege that she knows me ;o) ..she was my nutritionist several years ago)

Rumor has it she's not in the office this week or next, so I'm assuming she's there.

I do hope you're having a blast!

love to you all ..especially princessita!

(oh, and you might want to use the full Peggikaye, she might catch the Pk Eagler, but she WILL know Peggikaye Eagler (She'll know Peggikaye for that matter)

Pk