Friday, September 19, 2008

Nationwide Cont............

Help is on the way, no worries, help is on the way. Yawn, man, help is slower than molasses running up hill in a Vermont winter. That break neck glacial speed is just breath taking. I have dead relatives with more speed and better organized lives than these people. I could expect this response if I bought insurance from Alli Baba's Pakistani Discount Boutique and Insurance Emporium, but Nationwide is on my side! I am just grateful this isn't a true crisis, just a large annoyance. By the way, its 9AM on Saturday morning, guess I am not the first call of the day, or somebody burned the midnight oil last night and is late to rise.



I have been thinking more about the possibility of a 'contractor' showing up as apposed to an adjuster. The more I think about this idea, the less I am liking it. At first I though, cool, that way I don't have to get into the fray of trying to find somebody to do the work, or wait forever (again) for a big company to have time for me. But the more I reflect on what this might mean, the more I am concerned by it. First off, if a contractor just shows up, who do they work for, me or Nationwide. I know this may come as a shock, but I bet I am a little more picky about my house than Nationwide would be, I want the job done right, not just finished. If Nationwide cant or wont tell me (they wont) who the contractor is because they are using so many of them, what are the odds that Chico and the Man show up with a bucket full of duct tape and a cooler full of Pabst Blue Ribbon. With the exemplary service perfomance of Nationwide thus far, I am not inclined to trust them to check quality referances, I envision more a scenario where Wile E. starts looking in the yellow pages for ACME roofing and calling all the listings and searching for anybodies free time.



More to follow I am certain.........................................................


(somehow this post got out of sequence, the date of this post is Sept 20)

No comments: