Friday, September 19, 2008

Nationwide par Deux

What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

I received my call back from Sue. She informed me that she finally got through to a human being who assured her that I would be getting a call from a 'contractor' later tonight or at the latest tomorrow afternoon. Now, I don't wish to become a smurf by holding my breath until then (although I would make a good grumpy smurf about now) but I did notice something. The other myriad of good diligent hard working folk I spoke with all said an 'adjuster' would be contacting me and coming to the house. Now I have a contractor? Yes, I had to ask, and supposedly this mystery person who may call (at this point it would be Saturday as it is already 9 PM Friday night) is the person who will actually perform the work. They cannot yet tell me what company they have chosen because they are using so many different ones, buy yeah "help is on the way" as John Kerry said a few years ago. Yeah, it fills me to the gills now just as well as it did when John spewed it forth.

I think we have had, and still have a communication breakdown.



No comments: