Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dork alert


I got a phone call today from my wife. She was angry.



Someone left an anonymous comment on her blog, a comment that was designed to hurt feelings and cause pain. A comment that is not only something that should not be said in polite society, it is something that should not be uttered by someone who walk upright. He tossed out a snarky racial slur aimed at my daughter.



Now my daughter is as kind hearted as they come and anyone who would use a sweet innocent little five year old child to try and hurt someone else is someone who has some serious issues.



After doing just some basic homework we were able to find out who this person is. The most disheartening part of it all is that this person is employed as a youth pastor. Notice I didn't say that they were a youth pastor because no man of God would do such a thing, say such a thing, or behave in such a hateful manner.



This comment was delivered to my wife's blog (see link above to see her response and comments for yourselves) so I will refrain from too much of my own commentary. She is more that capable of handling this fool on her own.



As for me, several cliche's popped into mind.



First I thought of Scarlett O'Hara and that old phrase about hell hath no fury, but its just not quite right.



Second I thought about the more modern phrase of PMS and a handgun, any questions. But that is just not right either.



Then I thought in terms of nature.


Cute little baby bear isn't she. Just makes you want to reach out and snuggle it. I bet it would be fun to play with such a cuddly little baby bear. Bear cubs are so cute, and something little and cute and defenseless like this is safe and wont hurt me. But, there is one thing that you mustn't overlook. Where there is a cute, cuddly, defenseless bear cub, there is also a momma bear near by who is more that capable and willing to defend the safety of her cub. Anything that momma bear views as a threat will be met head on and fearlessly.

Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.


As a quick aside, while doing my homework I noticed that the Pharisee visited my blog before he visited my wife's and chose to pick the fight with her. I understand the faulty logic in picking the fight with what he might have perceived as the weaker opponent, but oh how faulty the logic is.

6 comments:

Angie said...

He has no idea who he's messin' with! Mykel is a coward who tries to hit and run. Anyone who hits back is labeled as unChristian and a loser. Well, Mykel, the cowardly loser took his blog private so that no one can call him on his comments. JACKASS!

Anonymous said...

That poor boy should just dig a hole and lay down in it now. It'll save time later after Angie is done with his carcass.

~Lois

Unknown said...

Sorry this happened to you, Angie and Gracie Chris. He just continues to show the kind of person he really is while calling himself a Christian.

Derek said...

Chris, welcome to my world. I've had that happened numerous times with me, and the person who did it to me delighted in taking shots at not only me, but my wife. Now you know at least part of what motivated my actions on YMX.

Lack of class begets lack of class.

Anonymous said...

How lame! To resort to insulting a child...it's so childish. I seriously pity folks who are insane to mess with Angie's child. And I also wonder if he has a death wish. Guess so.

Anonymous said...

On a happier note...I LOVE the pic of Grace at the top of this post. Cuteness overload! =)

~Lois