Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mr. Mom #2




Things that stink:



  1. Water buffalo in the summer sun standing in stagnant water.
  2. Donkey doo
  3. A skunk who followed the chicken across the road and didn't make it.
  4. Pickled corn during the canning process.
  5. Cheap cologne like Brut.
  6. Cow farms and chicken farms (city phrase) AKA cow pasture and chicken coops.

Things that don't stink.

Angie got up the steps last night and washed her hair and took a shower. I had to help a little but she did it pretty much on her own. It would seem she didn't want to take me up on my offer to take her outside and hose her down. Go figure.........

Angie is making progress everyday. Gracie on the other hand, had a bad day yesterday. She didn't really want to be a cheer practice. I had to stay because it was the last practice and the coaches just had them make a banner for the boys to run through and brought them cupcakes and drinks for afterwards. They basically just got to hang out together and play. Gracie didn't want her cupcake, didn't want to play with the other girls and kept trying to be clingy to me. I kept encouraging her to stay with the other kids but once it was clear the evening was over Gracie informed me that we had been gone long enough and she just wanted mommy. Sigh.......

Once home things were normal for a while, until after Gracie was in bed and mom was upstairs. Gracie came in and spent some time with mom while she laid on the bed building up the energy to go back down stairs to her freshly made sleeping area on the couch. After the brief snuggle and chat session was over mom made it back to the couch. Gracie was quite for about 10 minutes and then we hit a long soulful cry. I went to her, only to be informed that I wasn't wanted, she wanted mommy. I let her go downstairs and sit on the other couch and talk with mommy some more. She informed both of us that she doesn't want her friends to get her to and from school next week that she just wants mommy.

I was able to convince her that we should worry about next week when next week gets her, until then lets just worry about tomorrow. That seems to work, for now, but next week will come and I don't know what is going to happen.

Stay tuned.....................


No comments: