Saturday, May 17, 2008

Rant warning



Is it just me or have people no idea how to use a phone? First let me clarify that the only reason I am expressing this rant is because my friend Jenny (in a comment on last post) asked me to hurry up and make a new post because the picture on the last one was a bit scary. So, even though I don't have anything terribly productive to discuss today I will just vent and lay out a new post to scoot that picture down the page a bit.




Anyway, back to phone calls. I have two, yes count em', two cell phones. I have no home phone so both Angie and I have our own cell phones with our own number. I also have a work phone that I carry most all the time as well. My rant is this. If the phone rings, I know who it is. Its not because of that cool invention called caller ID, its because no body ever calls me. If I am at home and it rings, its my mom. If I am not at home it is Angie. Who needs caller ID with that logic. With only one exception, every person I know, I was the last one to call them. One friend called me to thank me for helping him sell a car (he does it for a living so I sent a coworker there) Other than that exception, my phone doesn't ring, and here is the kicker, even he called


Angie's phone to reach me because he hadn't called in so long he couldn't find my number, his wife, who never calls me either by the way, has Angie's' number. So, here is the question, should I call every person I know next week just because I havent heard from them since the Carter administration, or should I just save money and reduce the minutes on my cell phone to the number that Angie and my mom use?




Another useless item:




I ha vent had any good Gracie stories to share lately and I have been having difficulty in coming up with topics to write about. So, to the handful of people who I think read this I will put out this request. You know I have a somewhat odd sense of humor and a quirky writing style that comes from a peculiar outlook on life. Having said that, is there a topic or idea you would like to see me undertake as an assignment from you? I make you no promises, but if you will submit a request I will attempt a response. I will accept anything, serious, painful, comical, nothing is off limits. I will address any social situation, any theological query, or personal issue that you may toss to me. That is my invitation to Amy, Digger, PK, Adam, Jen, Mark, Charlie Tuna, The Minton clan, Patti, Kristie, Deneice, or anybody I may have missed.




Peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are always kid and dog stories...I mean, kids AND dogs...always a winning combination.

Maybe you could write about...

*Songs that you liked when you were a teen that you can't imagine liking now

*Humorous/stupid things you did in your younger years (or last week)

*Fashion tips for guys over 30 (like...stop dressing like a teenager and other such stuff)

*Why "random person" should or should not be President/hold some other high office...pick someone funny like Leonard Nimoy

*Things you're learning from reading the Bible

*Extremely funny YouTube videos...I always enjoy a good laugh

*Dogs...everyone likes dogs. And if they don't, they should.

Ruth said...

I would like you to write about, "Why I need to take my family on a trip to Texas to visit Ruth and her family." And feel free to add something nice about enjoying our porch swing and a glass of sweet tea.

Ruth

Pastor Eldred said...

* The Joys of Cooking . . . with Squirrel

* When Elvis Leaves the Building (not a photo essay, please)

* Things in the back of my closet I'd rather you not ask about.

* Curious George Meets Spuds MacKenzie and Mr. Whipple

* The political scene as told through aquatic metaphor

* A theological defense of the removable nun in Genesis 1:1.

* A comparative analysis of bratwurst v. kielbasa v. sausage v. linguica v. chorizo (call me if you need help with research!)

Anonymous said...

I don't have your number to call.....I only have ang's..

Anonymous said...

i know a good topic could be the renovations being done with pics

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but how about the following:
1. Crazy things you did in high school, like vandalizing your friends car, or bringing a knife to school and stabbing his Pepsi.
2. Explain why excessive alcohol intake and bathroom mirrors don't mix.
3. Take a poll as to which car is cooler - 78 Monte Carlo, 78 Mustang, or 72 Charger?
4. Host a contest for readers to guess the number of sweeteners you've stolen from Wendy's on High Street.
5. Tell stories of nights when you were "Strugglin'".