Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ride home


The ride home today was an interesting adventure. It was raining pretty hard and the sun was out and shining brightly. This, as one would expect, causes brilliant rainbows. What one might not expect is that the sun was reflecting off the wet highway and as cars drove past they would through up a mist of water behind them. The effect of this was interesting to say the least. This dual effect produced a rainbow that came straight up out of the highway in the lanes on the opposite side. To simplify it, you had a large and brilliant rainbow in the sky that came all the way to the ground so you could see the actual end of the rainbow right next to you as you drove. This was a neat thing to see in passing, but it did bring some difficulties. Every driver on the road seemed to make the same observation that I did, how neat is that. What some large percentage of drivers did, however, was to not notice that the rainbow stayed right in front of them all the time, so they would slow down (dramatically) to look at this beauty. The person behind them was usually caught unawares of their braking and then would have to hit their brakes rather briskly, which then transfers on back the line until you have a continuous pattern of speed up, brake frantically for no good reason, repeat all the way home. I don't know what they were expecting to see at the end of the rainbow, some chick in a dress with a dog in a basket maybe, or some short guy dressed all in green dancing around a pot singing about yellow moons, pink stars and green clovers, who knows. All I know is I almost ground into fairy dust a couple of times by semi behind me.

While this was going on I got a call from blink...blink.. my wife, who informed me of two items of interest. First off, each time I reference her in my blog she says I owe her 5 bucks. This is the rule that firstlady hottietype from the nation of Indiana has for her husband the pastor. Each time Pastor Mark references her or the kids, she claims ownership of 5 bucks. I will agree to this rule, in its entirety and pay up just as often as Mark does, never. I asked her what made her think I was referencing her to begin with, she then listed her 3 favorite things, Vera Bradley (ugly quilt like purse), Ipod (she complains about not having a nano), and Iphone, (her latest on the list of I wants). The trick here is, only she knew I was talking about her, for sure, anyway. The second point she wanted to bring up was that she had spoken to my beloved sister in law Kristie. Kristie called to point out that my new idea of "today's deep thought" was boring and I needed to go back to having funny posts. Now, let me just think about this for a moment. I can either write a post with a deep meaning that allows the reader to exercise their mind, ponder the greater meanings of life, reach out into the great expanse of knowledge and look introspectively upon themselves. I can provide insight into the purpose of existence, the karma of daily life, the spiritual relevance of mankind. I can suggest to people the greater comprehensions of events in time and space. I can help all mankind form some understanding of the universe.


OR.


I can talk about poop.


Hmm. I guess I will just have to give up my daily deep thinking because it is just too much to ask people to endure. When the philosophy of life comes pitted directly against "I don't wont raisins in my butt" and the all mighty and powerful Fernando, I guess poop is just more interesting too read about. So, Kristie, I will endeavour to have more funny stories about constipated toddlers, call center employees named Squishy, and other such nonsense, and less stories about philosophy and human nature. Maybe my next entry will be about my inlaws. I might need to post a story about a line I remember that went something like this." I gave my heart and souuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllll.............................." Or maybe not, who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* We've been deep thoughtless for 2 days. Bring it on Chris!