Thursday, October 18, 2007

Finally


We have a contract on our "extra" house. Good news is we won't have to write a check at closing, bad news is we wont get much of a check either. The buyer has already seen the inspection report and has a pre-approval letter so we should be good to go. It is such a relief to be done with this. Hopefully, my wife, ::blink:: ::blink::, Angie, can start sleeping at night again.




It has been a good Gracie week. She had a run in at school the other day that kinda got us a little perturbed. Two of the little blond haired blue eyed cutie's at her school (remember she's FOUR) know each other very well and have been buddies since birth. They tend to gravitate toward each other and play together. Gracie wants to be their friend too but they keep resisting. When its clean up time, they drag their feet and when Gracie gets her mess cleaned up she goes and helps them. They let her help but wont let her play with them and wont let her play with "their" toys. Not a crisis thus far, oh but wait. it gets ever so more interesting. Monday they made my Gracie cry. Okay, now I am little irritated but these things happen and Gracie is a sensitive little thing so making her cry is not all that hard, but then I find out that this is not the first time they have done this. Hmm, still not a crisis but headed that way. The rest of the story is a bit more disturbing. How exactly did they make her cry you ask? Well they were playing Princess and my Gracie is extremely fond of princesses. Her room, her Jammies, her bathroom etc are all princess, she has the movies and can name them all on sight. Gracie tried to play princess with these two and was told she couldn't be a princess because she had 'black' hair. Now Gracie could have argued with them, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine, but she just cried instead. Now this might be chalked up to kids being kids, maybe, but at this point I am smelling a skunk. Gracie is the only kid in class who looks different and normally kids notice everything but could care less, thus the odoriferous aroma. My first gut instinct is to fill a little kids hair with bubble gum and tell them stories about how the boogie man lives under their bed and comes out at night to eat their eyeballs for a snack. But that wouldn't be very Christlike so I think I will refrain. The thing that really stinks out loud is we have always called Gracie our little Chinese Princess, and now some little dork muffin is telling her otherwise. Well, Wednesday was field trip day and Gracie made a new best friend. They went out to lunch together and had a grand ole time. Gracie got to sit between Matie and her sister who is five, this was big stuff. Now Friday is coming and its back to normal class time and normal class situations, right? Well, not exactly. Daddy doesn't like it when heatherns mess with my princess and make my wife ::Blink:: :: Blink:: upset as well, and I detest the feeling of being helpless to do anything. Actually, I refuse to be helpless to do anything, which means I have to do something. Now what could I do that's not illegal, immoral, or at a minimum not socially unacceptable. Better yet what can I do that is going to be at least somewhat effective. Well, logic kicks in about here. First, what is the problem. Answer, my Gracie and my wife were hurt by a couple of little heathern crumb crunchers. Second, what would be and acceptable solution to the problem. Answer, Gracie and Angie are no longer bothered by the thing that caused them to be hurt. Options, have them arrested for illegal possession of Tootsie Rolls at school, nah, have them turn up missing after a tragic Barbie Jeep accident, nah, get them a co staring roll on the next Survivor series somewhere in Siberia, hmmm, okay, nah. Well it would appear making them go away isn't going to happen so lets look at other options. How else can I make the thing that hurt them go away? What was it that actually hurt them again? Oh yeah, words. Words from two little booger bundles that really don't mean anything. Maybe if I can get the message to my princess and my queen mum that they really are special and really are important and................................. ah ha.... now I'm on to something. Positive pro-active action. It'll work and its logical and its even Church sanctioned. Flowers. Simple yet effective. So, on Friday, flowers are being delivered to the pre-school. A big basket of daises for the Queen mum with a card that just says it's Wednesday. (okay its Friday but Wednesday flowers are flowers without any real occasion, and besides the field trip was Wednesday) And a little basket of daisies for Gracie that just says,"for daddy's Princess".









Now, if the florist screws this up we may have to revisit the idea. I can see the headlines now.



" Florist delivery man arrested for trying to smuggle contraband life savers across county lines, film at 11:00"
Oh, I almost forgot to give props to my friend Digger. His blog is on linked here, please visit him and his princesses as well. Thanks Digger, Wednesday flowers are a good idea eh?

4 comments:

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

Chris, I think your solution is wonderful! Of course, if Angie reads the blog a little of the surprise will be lost. Being a good daddy warms my heart because my daddy is, well, somewhere. You love on your girls and be an example to other men to do the same.

Angie said...

Florist screwed it up. Flowers never arrived. Thanks for trying Daddy!

Dreaming again said...

what a great idea ...the florist needs to be shot!

Unknown said...

Great idea! (Ahem...cough, cough...) thanks for the mention in the blog!

Sorry the florist messed it up! Would you like me to have "one of my associates" pay said florist a "courtesy call to register a complaint?" It can be done!