Thursday, October 4, 2007

Long Weekend

I dont have anything earthshatering to talk about today, just want to close off the week.
Mom is at Mason Christian Village for rehab. She will be in for about a week and then home. Gracie and I are going to visit her tomorrow.
The annual Reading/Deer Park game was this Friday. Our whole group of friends was supposed to meet at "The Chicken" (a local establishment) for dinner and then off to the game. This gathering also was taking place on my birthday so I was looking forward to hanging out with my friends for a bit before the game. Angie and I dont like going to the game for many different reasons, not the least of which is we are around 40 and dont have kids in the program so there is not much interest there. Our friends kids are in the band, or cheerleaders and such, so that part is kinda cool but we choose not to do it for the first time this year. I was a little disappointed with dinner because only one of our friends showed up and she didnt even eat because of being late and in a hurry to get her girls to their respective places. No fault of her own I should point out. Others ended up having to work, go to class, deal with their own children etc. etc. Everyone had some reason, perfectly legit no question. All of this rambling is only to make one point. My pastor pointed out that he believed there was some pruning going on at our church a few weeks ago. Events like this and the undescribed events at church this weekend lead me to question if my family is not being pruned away from this church and in part, this group as well. Nobody ever seems to have time for anything anymore. I have to wonder if they just dont have time for things that might involve us. I guess we shall just have to wait and see what God has in store for the future.
As for good news and less whining, I do have a development to address. We have gotten on a list to adopt another child. This list is what is known as "disrupted adoptions" It seems that sometimes people who adopt internationally come home and for one reason or another find themselves unable to parent the child they have brought home. I dont know exactly how this works, or exactly how this happens, but if we can fill the role of providing a home for one of these children then we should. God has a habit of putting things in our paths, we will have to wait and see if God just expanded our family. It would be awesome for Grace to have a sister, but I will not get my hopes up because this is God's will in God's time. If it is to be it shall be.
I have looked high and low and still cant find a spell check button

No comments: