Thursday, October 4, 2007

Four

Grace is four today. Yeah............

We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate. She wanted to go to Red Robin. Dinner was mostly uneventful except for the fact that it was her birthday. She felt the need to tell the waitress it was her birthday, the lady who brought the food and just about anybody else who stood still too long. They bought her an Ice Cream Sunday and sang Happy Birthday, the Red Robin version of course. When they were done and ready to walk away, she of course informed them that they were singing it wrong, it goes like this. Oh my. She then decided to eat the cherry on top first. She doesnt like cherries, thus I need to fish it out of her mouth for her because she cant seem to spit it out (its all stuck up in her teeth) Nasty. She then digs into the ice cream and is on a sugar high the rest of the night.
My boss had his surgery today, they put in a stint and as far as I know everything went according to plan. He should be home from Cleveland later in the week. I might get a few days off this year yet.
I posted a couple of more pictures of the girls of Hunan. For those who dont know, 10 families adopted from Hunan together. We made the whole trip from Beijing, to Changsha, to Guangzhou together. In the White Swan Hotel at the end of this journey it is a tradition to put all the girls together on a red couch in the lobby to take a picture of the whole group. I posted one of these pictures, its bad because at that age and in that circumstance, not much interest in setting still. I also posted picture from this past Chinese New Years. Several of the families gather in St. Louis for the weekend to stay connected to each other. We take an updated red couch picture every year with whom ever can make it. My how they have grown. We joke about how we will be trying to fit them all on the couch when they are in there teens. I think it would be a cool thing for them all to stay in touch and do a red couch picture of their kids to present to their grandparents. But thats 20 some odd years off, and who knows if I or they will even still be breathing that long from now. I dont mean to sound depressed or negative, but life is hard right now and I am sore, tired and not of good mind.
Sometime when I get bored I will have to post the whole China/Grace/God story on here. I say when I get bored because it will be an obnoxiously long post.

No comments: