Thursday, October 4, 2007

Just Another day

Today is Sunday,
We went to a different church today. My wife, (blink blink), Angie, loved the praise part of worship today. The church is contemporary,evangelical in its style and that is something outside the norm of what we are used to. The pastor of this church was playing guitar and singing along with the band. He has that big booming Bruce Springsteen kinda voice, only with a bit more gravel added. We went to this church because its the preschool that my daughter is attending and Angie is working at right now. The pastor asked the preschool employees (who all attend different churches) to attend for a blessing service. I thought it was pretty cool, Angie was a little embarrassed by having to go up front but she liked it anyway, but, then we have Gracie. Gracie didnt dig the idea AT ALL. She had a total screaming Hunan Hissy Fit 'cause momma went up front. When the staff laid hands on the teachers, Gracie's head spun in a circle. I had to pick her up and exit the building ASAP. As I was doing so, she informed me that she didnt want me and I shouldnt touch her. Having a child screaming, "dont touch me" as you exit a church is not the most warming experience you can have on a Sunday morning. Particularly in a new place where you know absolutely nobody. People kinda look at you and with that questioning look of, "is that yours or should I shoot you now"?
After church, lunch, and the cross town trip to clean the office I had to fix a flat tire and hang a ceiling fan. I didnt bother to turn off the power at the breaker because I could turn it off at the switch. Everything was good, I assembled the fan, hung the lug that the fan hangs from, Gracie was helping me by handing me the screws. She then thought it would be a good idea to help by flicking the switch back on, and of course she didnt inform me of this. The breaker is now off, as are all the lights on that side of the house. No lights are needed however as I am able to light up the room all by myself.
Gracie has a cold, the first of the school season. You know this is going to happen, but the fact that school doesnt start until monday is a bit disturbing.
I still havent found the damn spell check button.

No comments: