Thursday, October 25, 2007

I've been tagged

Okay, so I've been tagged, thanks PK. I must answer three questions. What was I doing in 1977-1987-1997? Well lets start with 1977.

In the year 1977 I would have been nine. Lets see, that would be about 4th grade. Okay, I was in school and going to the last racially diverse school I would attend until I hit THE Ohio State University. My best friend was Hiep Nguyen, he was a recent Vietnam immigrant. I was the kid who was nice to him, one of the very few because he was so different and he talked funny. Apparently nobodies parent had explained what an accent was to their kids yet. He was a great guy with a big round pie face that was always smiling, even when the other kids were mean to him. I would defend him verbally when I could but I was a whisper sized little runt that nobody liked anyway so that didnt help much. Hiep had an older cousin there too, he was a year or two older and a little guy like me. Jung however had some schooling in the fine art of butt kickin. If people talked mean to Hiep he said nothing, that was my roll, if they touched Hiep, look out for the roundhouse from the 1o year old, there was a martial art butt kickin about to happen. I miss Hiep, wish I knew what ever happened to him. Oh yeah, this is the year that I got over cooties and decided I liked girls. They however took a while longer than I did. I got my first kiss from Eliza Paul at about this age, my next kiss would be around 1985 but lets not go there shall we.

Next, 1987

Okay, I am at THE Ohio State University on a full ride scholarship and living in a frat house called the Evans House. (http://www.evansscholarsfoundation.com/) I just turned 18 back in September so I am a little younger and a lot more immature than I need to be. I am fighting depression, unreasonable fear, and a host of other issues that I was not prepared for yet. I attended the University for a total of 4 quarters before I was asked to please leave. I was tossed from the Evans house after 3 quarters. My best friend Darin lived in Columbus and attended Devry just up the road. We had some good times together. He actually attended class while he was there. I did to, mostly, but I would go to class and passively listen and I would eat and I would sleep. I could sleep anywhere from 10- 15 hour a day. Now I know why, but then I just did it.

1997

I have been married for about 5 years now. We have a house and soon I will have no job. My wife had already quit her job to go to school to learn to do nails. This is the point at which our adventures begin concerning children. I wont bore you all again with this story, but if you haven't read this story already please drop down to "The story of Grace" and read that section of this blog.

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

Wow ... it's amazing what we learn about people from reading these meme's ...

I get why you're such an encourager ....