Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tales of the mundane.






Nothing terribly blog worthy at this point to report.






I love coming home to the greeting I get from my Gracie. She is always so excited to see me and I usually get the Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddyyyyyyyy squeal when I walk in the door. This week has not been normal. I have come home to a grumpy Mao all week. Today was the pinnacle. I come into a full blown Hunan hissy fit being had. She screamed for over an hour after I got home. Somebody has had a long week and the result is making me have a long week too. Maybe tomorrow will be better.






It is time to change over the clothes. It was over 90 degrees this past weekend, it has been in the 60's all day today, fall has arrived, abruptly. So its up and down the stairs I go, summer clothes downstairs, winter clothes upstairs, yawn.

I had a meeting with my Pastor on Monday night to tell him that we were leaving the Church. He didn't seem at all surprised by this, I don't think he was expecting the reasons necessarily but he appreciated the chat we had as best as I could tell. It is just time to go. God has something else in store for us and it doesn't involve this church. I was reminded of an old testament scripture, "Come out from your people and I will show you a land" Well, for the past 6 or so years they were my people, but I am looking forward to seeing what lies ahead now that we have left. I am attempting to get a meeting with the Pastor at Crosspoint to ask him some questions. Is it normal to want to interview a pastor before you are comfortable with sitting is in his church?






My sister in law is getting married in a few weeks. This weekend is the Bachelorette party and my wife and the first lady are going. I will be taking the opportunity to hang out with my friend, Pastor. Gracie always has a blast at the parsonage, puppies, teenagers, lots of room, what else could a 4 year old want?






Like I said, boring around here lately but now you have what news there is, time to go fold some boxer shorts..

No comments: